Sunday, October 11, 2009

Party Favor Bags - Two Variations


For N's recent third birthday, we had two parties: a kids party and a family-and-neighbors party. This meant two sets of favor bags for the Outer Space theme.
These alien favor bags were made using templates designed for making paper bag puppets. I just flipped the bag right-side-up and left the opening intact.


These Outer Space favor bags show one scene when they're put side-by-side. I taped all the bags together along the back using painter's tape, then flipped them over and drew a scene along the front. This idea could be used for any party theme. Originally I was going to paint the bags, but due to time constraints I used colored chalk dipped in water instead. Dipping the chalk in water makes the color extra vibrant.


If you pick up little things you see here and there that are on sale, you can put together great favor bags that don't cost too much. Here's what I put in the favor bags:
*outer space flashcards from the dollar section at Target
*crayons from the back-to-school sales
*homemade, personalized coloring book (see below for directions)
*twirly straws
*parachute guy
*mini foam rocket shooter
*pop rocks

To make the coloring book, I Googled outer space, robot, and alien coloring pages. Then I copied and pasted the images into Publisher, four per page. I made double-sided copies, changed the name on the cover for each child, and cut and bound the pages. Ideally I would have just stapled them, but we only have a small stapler that doesn't open, so I had to punch three holes along the spine and bind them with string. These were actually really simple to put together and cost very little to make.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. those straws are the exact same straws we had for Patrick's b-day. :) Great minds...

    ReplyDelete